Ernest Leroy Tinlsey went to be with the Lord on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at the age of 84. Leroy was born on November 8, 1934 in Fairplay, Missouri to his parents, Benjamin Smith and Dollie Florence (Witt) Tinsley. His parents and his two sisters were killed in a tornado when Leroy was 7 years old. Leroy was then raised by his grandparents, Ernest and Nannie Scott. He graduated from Crooked Oak High School in 1953. Leroy and his roller-skating partner, Jackie Ruminer, were married in 1955. He served in the United States Army and was stationed in Germany. Leroy spent the majority of his work career in the golf course business, but his passion was being Mr. Fix-It for his family. Whether it was building a baby doll bed for his grandkids or remodeling his children’s homes, he was always the person to call when you needed to get the job done. He was an active member of the Church of Christ for 63 years and was involved in Meals-On-Wheels, the church visitation program and helped with various projects maintaining the church building. Leroy loved singing and playing the clarinet at various senior centers with The Last Chance Band. He loved spending time with his family and was very proud of his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
To send flowers in memory of Ernest "Leroy" Tinsley, please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
Leroy was preceded in death by his:
• Parents, Benjamin and Dollie Tinsley
• Siblings: Hazel, Pauline, Loyd, Jimmy, Charlotte and Ben
He is survived by his loving:
• Wife of 63 years, Jackie Tinsley
• Son, Loyd Tinsley and his wife, Mooney
• Son, Allen Tinsley and his wife, Melissa
• Daughter, Lesa Barker and her husband, Greg
• Grandchildren: Mike Tinsley and his wife, Lane, Erin Jacknitsky and her husband, Chris, Lindsay Benefield, Taylor Jones and her husband, Nick, Tara Brady and her husband, Tyler, Paige Tinsley, and Hudson Tinsley
• Great Grandchildren: Elijah, Sam, Violet, Bodhi, Britton, Jack and Zeke
• As well as many nieces, nephews and other beloved family.